AirIQ has updated this policy in order to comply with the provisions of the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Information Act (PIPEDA). We routinely review this policy, and our security features, and enhance them as necessary. This policy is effective as of January 1, 2016 and contains the following sections:
- Data Collection
- Data Use
- What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- How do We Use this Information
- Third Party Use
- How can you limit the disclosure of your Personal Information?
- Disclosure of Information
- Third-party sites
- Protection of Children Online
- Acceptance of Terms
- Updates and Contact Information
As a visitor to one of our websites, the following statements describe the information we collect and how we use that information:
Our sites use mail forms to fulfill inquiries or customer and investor requests for additional information. We collect contact information (names, addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers and e-mail addresses) from the mail forms. When you visit our site, some of the following information may be collected automatically as part of the operation of the site:
- Your Internet or IP address
- Your Internet Service Provider
- The site or the most recent sites from which you linked
- The pages viewed on our site
- The date and time of your visit
We use the IP addresses and other non-personal information of our site visitors to help diagnose problems with our server and to better administer our sites. This information may also be used to improve our web sites, to gather broad geographic or demographic information, or to compile aggregate statistics about the number of visitors to our sites and other “site behavior” information.
We use voluntarily provided customer or investor contact information to send information requested about our Company and promotional material from some of our partners. If you fill out a form to request more information or to request contact by a representative of the Company, your name, company, e-mail address, and so on are added to AirIQ’s database. Data collected on our sites may be used to tailor the visitors’ experience, showing them content that we think they might be interested in and displaying the content according to their preferences.
As an AirIQ subscriber, the following additional statements describe how we collect and use your personal information:
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
As a customer of AirIQ or a user of one of our online interfaces (AirIQ Online™, or AirIQ Fleet™), or any of our other services, AirIQ may collect personal information directly from you or from others (for example, from credit references, collection agencies, insurance providers, dealers and suppliers to our business and other organizations in possession of relevant personal information about you). The personal information we collect may include:
- your name;
- contact details, such as mailing address, e-mail address, telephone and facsimile number;
- product, service and purchasing information;
- vehicle location and management data;
- financial information; and
- any other information that is necessary in order for us to conduct business with you.
Such information may be collected when you enter into an agreement with us, purchase a product or service from us, register for a warranty program, sign on to one of our online user interfaces, provide credit references, apply for credit or when you contact us or one of our employees or visit our website.
How Do We Use this Information?
AirIQ collects, uses, discloses and retains your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide AirIQ services such as locate, track, recover, enable or disable your vehicle or management services such as mapping or reporting;
- to provide AirIQ services such as notify you of any one of our automated alerts (excessive speed, low battery, etc.) or to respond to a consumer initiated action (i.e. door unlock, disable/enable, etc.)
- to provide concierge type services when requested by the vehicle operator, including vehicle recovery assistance;
- to process your orders for products and/or services and to manage your accounts;
- to evaluate our products and services;
- to record and manage our warranty and/or lease programs;
- to send you additional information on AirIQ products or services, news updates or investor related matters;
- to improve our ability to serve you when you make an inquiry or request
- to respond to your queries or comments;
- to market our products or services; and
- for credit and/or collection purposes, including disclosure to a credit and/or collections reporting agency or verification of your information with your bank, financial institution or employer.
Third Party Use
AirIQ may also obtain your personal information from third parties, or it may disclose your personal information to third parties, in order to provide services to you and to conduct our business. The types of third party service providers to whom personal information may be disclosed are set out in the following chart:
AirIQ may also use or disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- to third parties in a case where it is required by law (such as to comply with a validly issued and enforceable subpoena or summons or as may be required for legal reporting purposes);
- to our employees, agents, affiliates and other third parties (such as our lawyers, auditors, brokers) as required to perform functions on our behalf (for example in the management of your accounts, legal proceedings, dispute resolutions, in the event of prospective mergers or acquisitions or for tax or reporting purposes).
Whenever reasonably possible, when AirIQ discloses your personal information to third parties, it will request that such third parties maintain the confidentiality of such information (for example through the execution of a non-disclosure or confidentiality agreement).
AirIQ will endeavor to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date for the stated purposes, and to retain it only for as long as needed to fulfill these purposes, and as may be required by law.
Additional Information for both visitors and subscribers of AirIQ: How can you limit the use and disclosure of your personal information?
If you prefer that AirIQ does not use or disclose your personal information for certain of these purposes, you may notify us at any time in writing at the address listed below. If you do not notify AirIQ, we will consider you to have consented to our continued use, disclosure and retention of your personal information for the purposes stated above or in any agreements with AirIQ. Please note that if you make a request to remove your personal information from our records or to not use it for a particular purpose, it may affect our ability to properly serve you as a customer.
Protection of Children Online
It is our intention that the AirIQ web sites be used by adults. Children should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before sending personal information to AirIQ or to anyone else. We encourage parents to take an active role in their children’s use of the Internet. No information should be submitted to, or posted by visitors under 16 years of age without the consent of their parent or guardian and AirIQ will not knowingly send direct mailings, including email or other correspondence to anyone under the age of 16.
Our sites have security measures in place intended to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We also take reasonable precautions to protect user information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, sending out a newsletter) are given access to personally identifiable information. Servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment and monitored 24 hours a day. However, AirIQ cannot guaranty your privacy nor can we ensure that third parties do not unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. AirIQ will not be liable to you or anyone else for any claims, loss, damages or costs which may result from a lack of privacy experienced.
Acceptance of Terms
Updates and Contact Information
Attention: Privacy Officer
1815 Ironstone Manor, Unit 9
Pickering, Ontario, L1W 3W9 Canada
E-mail at [email protected]